Calling all NA/EU Hackers!
The holidays are here! Join us this weekend, sitting by the fire and your Christmas tree, to build hacks that are inspired by everything Christmas. Santa locator, faster boots for reindeer or a holiday planner -- build anything while you enjoy your plum pudding and Santa might deliver special gifts to you!
Whether you build something on the theme or not, focus on having fun. While we'd love to have you build something on the theme, our themes are only here for inspiration. Please build whatever you'd like!
If you're from the APAC region, we'd love for you to join another one of our amazing hackathons which are more time-friendly for your region: Design-a-thon
Happy hacking, folks!
- We require all teams to submit a 2 minute or less demo video.
- Your code must be available in some sort of public repository.
- Your code and video must remain public post event if you want to continue being eligible for prizes. If your repo and video are not public we will select new winners.
- Your demo video must state the name of the hackathon at the beginning of the video.
- Ex. "Hey I'm Sam and this is my demo for CorgiHacks."
- You must have completed all the registration steps on Devpost.
- Note that Hosted by MLH events require registration on MLH's event page.
- Your email on both platforms must match.
- Your video must be created the weekend of the hackathon.
- We do allow you to submit your project to other hackathons (this weekend only) as long as the other hackathon also allows this.
- You can no longer submit project that include prior work. In the past we allowed you to continuing work on an old project.
- There is no maximum or minimum team size but we've noticed that teams perform best when they have a maximum of 4 hackers.
Anker PowerCore Portable Charger + MLH Season Tee + MLH Fellowship Fast Track
Anker Soundcore Wireless Earbuds + MLH Season Tee + MLH Fellowship Fast Track
JBL Go Speaker + MLH Season Tee + MLH Fellowship Fast Track
Do you have what it takes to build the coolest hack this weekend? Indeed, it will be tough to win this on-theme prize category but we're sure you're up for the challenge. Create innovative hacks and get a chance to win WiFi extenders.
Best Holiday Dressed
This holiday season, be spontaneous and dress up your hack. The best dressed (designed) hack will win DIY Snowman Kits
Best use of Google Cloud
Build your hackathon project with a suite of secure storage, powerful compute, and integrated data analytics products provided by Google Cloud. See full list of products here: g.co/cloud. Winners will receive a Google Cloud branded backpack!
Best Domain Name from Domain.com
Register a .Tech domain name using Domain.com during the weekend for your chance to win a Domain.com branded backpack for you and each member of your team! Each team may submit one entry per person on the team. The more creative the domain the better!
Best Use of DeSo
DeSo is the official Web3 sponsor of the MLH Hackathon League and the first Layer 1 blockchain custom-built for decentralized social media applications. While a blockchain like Avalanche costs $0.50+ to store just a 200-character post, the DeSo blockchain is built with custom indexing and storage optimizations which make it 10,000X cheaper to store social content on-chain! In order to qualify for the contest, build a hack that uses the DeSo API. While social media apps are a great fit for DeSo, you can also build financial apps, marketplaces, and more on the DeSo blockchain. To get started, sign up for a DiamondApp account, make a post tagging @deso with both your event hashtag & #MLH. The DeSo team will then send you even more $DESO coin to build your hackathon project! On top of that, the team with the Best Use of DeSo gets $100 worth of $DESO coin, an exclusive DeSo branded tumbler, and a YubiKey Security Key!
Best Use of Velo by Wix
Best Accessibility Hack sponsored by Fidelity
At Fidelity, accessibility is viewed as a major key to the success of their business, which is why they are challenging you to come up with innovative ways to make tech more accessible! We want you to use your hacking skills to find and build solutions that put opportunities and resources within reach to all communities. The team with the best accessibility hack will win a Fidelity branded wireless charger for each team member!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Major League Hacking
Does the hack work? Did the team achieve everything they wanted?
Has this project been done before at hackathons in the past? How creative is their project in solving the problem at hand?
Adherence to Theme
Does the hack adhere to the event's theme? Does it implement that theme fully or just partially?
Did the team stretch themselves? Did they try to learn something new? What kind of projects have they worked on before?
Did the team put thought into the user experience? How well designed is the interface?
How technically impressive was the hack? Was the technical problem the team tackled difficult? Did it use a particularly clever technique or did it use many different components? Did the technology involved make you go "Wow"?